Mini Steam Turbine Power Plant
Description of Mini Steam Turbine Power Plant
Mini Steam Turbine Power Plant equipment is designed as a miniature modern day power plant for educational purpose. A hand feed pump supplies water from a feed tank to a small gas fired boiler where steam is further heated by optional super heater. The steam is throttled to single stage turbine via a nozzle. Exhaust from the turbine is condensed in a water cooled condenser. Condensate is collected for weight measurement and is returned to feed water tank. A small DC generator is connected to the turbine by a belt, and small light bulbs as are provided as electrical load. Instruments are provided for monitoring and controlling of plant operation and performance as well as for safety. The unit is with adjustable footings.
Experiments of Mini Steam Turbine Power Plant
- Thermodynamic process.
- Fuel consumption.
- Power generation.
- Efficiencies for boiler, turbine, condenser heat transfer, and overall plant.
- Heat balance and energy utilization.
Technical Data of Mini Steam Turbine Power Plant
- Type : Fire tube vertical boiler.
- Steam rate : Upto 7 kg/hr
- Pressure : Upto 5 kg/cm2 gauge.
- Boiler accessories : Safety valve, level gauge.
- Fuel : Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).
- Feed water tank : Stainless steel with level gauge.
- Feed pump : Hand operated.
- Type : Single stage impulse turbine, single nozzle.
- Power output measurements : Mechanical brake dynamometer.
- Electrical power system : DC generator with lamp loads.
- Condenser : Shell and tube type.
- Without super heater : Mechanical approx 12W.
- Electrical approx 4W.
- With super heater (optional) : Mechanical approx 18W.
- Electrical approx 6W.
- Turbine speed limit.
- Emergency switch.
- Pressures gauge : 1 ea.
- Temperatures : 7 ea.
- Flow meters : 2 ea.
- Turbine speed and dynamometer torque : Digital display.
- Graduated cylinder, and stop watch for condensate measurement.
- Voltage and current digital display.
- Accessory : Boiler cleaning kits.
- Power supply : 220V 1Ph 50Hz. Other power supply is available on request.