Specification of Wetted Wall Gas Absorption Column
The equipment is used to study absorption of oxygen from air into deoxygenated water, specific demonstrations include:
- A floor standing apparatus, used for demonstration and determination of liquid film mass transfer coefficients.
- Comprises both wetted wall column and a deoxygenating column, a water tank, two water pumps, an air pump and an oxygen meter with two probes.
- The wetted wall section is 900mm long, 32mm internal diameter, and made of glass.
- The deoxygenating column is 1570mm long, 26mm internal diameter, and made of clear acrylic.
- Calculation of liquid film mass transfer coefficient
- Variation of this coefficient with mass flow rate
- Determination of the power law relationship