Description of Fluid Mixing Studies
- The apparatus comprises a clear acrylic mixing vessel mounted on a stainless steel base. Above this is mounted a variable speed electronic mixer with electronic torque measurement incorporated.
- A set of pvc baffles can be fitted into the mixer with a simple screw mechanism to hold them in place. Under the stainless steel base is a storage compartment for the various small mixer components and the simple tools hexagonal keys required to change them. The larger mixer components are stored on pins behind the vessel.
- The rushton turbine impellor is a one piece stainless steel fabrication with eight alternate upwards and downwards pointing blades.
- The flat blade impellor comes with six sizes of blade, each of which can be fitted in seven positions (vertical, plus 30/45/60 degrees leading and trailing edge).
- The blades are simple to configure and position accurately in place using a single screw.
- A propeller type stirrer is also included for comparison.