Specification of Liquid Liquid Extraction Unit
- A laboratory liquid liquid extraction column designed for use with Kerosene Paraffin and Acetic acid.
- Column length 1.6m (1.2m working length), 50mm diameter, made from glass.
- Column packed with 15mm glass Rashig rings.
- Aqueous phase circulation system with a 25l feed tank, 25l return tank and variable speed pump. Pump is calibrated and gives flows of 50-250ml/min.
- Organic phase circulation system with an 18l feed tank, 18l return tank and variable speed air operated pump. Pump is calibrated and gives flows of 50-250ml/min.
- Includes valves for taking samples of both phases for analysis.
- Touch panel for control / calibration of pumps and display of measurements.
- A single valve sets either the organic phase or the aqueous phase as the continuous phase .
- Fine adjustment of the lower phase interface to compensate for variation in specific gravity of the Kerosene.