Description of DIDAC Bench Top Cooling Tower
Reproduces all the processes that are found in an industrial system serviced by a forced draught cooling tower. Bench Top Cooling Tower unit incorporates a process load, circulating pump, packed column, water distribution, volume control system and fan.
Bench Top Cooling Tower Standard instrumentation allows measurement of the air, circulating water mass flow rate and all end state temperatures using wet and dry bulb thermocouples. Evaporation rates under varying load and flow conditions can also be investigated.
External Capabilities of DIDAC Bench Top Cooling Tower
- Observation of water flow pattern and distribution.
- Measurement of all end states and rates of flow of water, air and make-up.
- Plotting of end states on a psychrometric chart and the application of the steady flow equation to draw up energy balances.
- Investigation of performance at,
- A range of process cooling loads.
- A range of inlet temperatures.
Specification of DIDAC Bench Top Cooling Tower
- Bench Top Cooling Tower Constructed in Impact Resistant Plastic and housing load tank with 0.5 and 1.0 kW heaters and float level control, make-up tank, bronze circulating pump, air fan, electrical control panel with digital temperature indicator.
- Constructed in transparent P.V.C. with eight decks of inclined laminated plastic packing, water distribution troughs and pressure tappings. Packing density 110m2 per m3.
- Transparent P.V.C. fitted with 80mm dia. Sharp edged orifice, droplet arrester and water distributor.
- Digital Temperature indicator with channel selector switch for all wet bulb, dry bulb and water temperatures. Variable area water flowmeter and manometer for airflow.