Specification of Jacketed Vessel With Coil And Stirrer.
- Miniature jacketed vessel heat exchanger system for use with an Heat Exchanger Service unit
- Comprises processing vessel with outer jacket, inner coil, variable speed stirrer and baffle.
- K-Type thermocouples measure the vessel contents and the inlet and outlet temperature of both fluid streams (6 in total).
- The Heat Exchanger is designed to be installed on the service unit without the need for tools.
- A comprehensive instruction manual describing how to carry out the laboratory teaching exercises in combined radiation and convection (free and forced) and their analysis as well as assembly, installation and commissioning is included.
- The accessory consists of a jacketed vessel with the following features:
- The vessel consists of a stainless steel wall with PVC base and clear acrylic top. A glass outer jacket allows the wall of the vessel to be surrounded with hot fluid for indirect heating from the outside. Alternatively, a stainless steel coil inside the vessel allows the cold fluid contained within the vessel to be indirectly heated from inside.
- The vessel incorporates a variable speed stirrer and baffle arrangement to allow thorough mixing of the vessel contents when required.
- An adjustable overflow allows the volume of liquid inside the vessel to be varied with a maximum capacity of 2 liters and a minimum of 1 liter.
- The vessel can be operated batch wise by simply filling to the overflow or with continuous feed of cold liquid to the base of the vessel, the excess liquid flowing from the overflow to drain.
- Temperatures are measured using type K thermo couples with miniature plug for direct connection to the electrical console. Thermocouples are installed at the following six locations.
- Vessel contents (cold fluid)
- Hot fluid inlet to jacket
- Hot fluid outlet from jacket
- Hot fluid inlet to coil
- Hot fluid outlet from coil
- Cold fluid inlet to vessel