Description of Digital Hook And Point Gauges
- A mounting plate is clamped to a suitable support structure and a flat vertical shaft retained by the gauging unit is free to slide up and down over the water surface.
- A steel point or hook is attached to the bottom end of the shaft and is used to locate the water surface.
- The gauging unit consists of a liquid crystal electronic display, which indicates the movements of the shaft.
- A quick-release mechanism permits large changes to be rapidly accommodated, and a screw adjustment is provided for accurate final positioning.
- A push button sets the display to zero at any position, so that relative movements compared with a datum can be easily measured.
- This gauge is easy to use and minimises potential errors resulting from reading vernier scales.
Specification of Digital Hook And Point Gauges
- Resolution: ±0.01mm
- Typical accuracy:±0.03mm
- Operating temperature range: 5°C to 40°C
- The gauge is powered continuously by a small button cell battery with a life in excess of 6 months.