Specification of Drain Permea Meter
- Acrylic column, 100 mm diameter supported on a metal stand;
- Removable test section is provided at the base of the column to house the filter medium to be tested;
- The apparatus, which may be bench-mounted, is supplied complete with user instructions and manuals.
Description of Drain Permea Meter
- The Drain Permeameter is suited for use both as a teaching and demonstration tool and for laboratory testing and research. The equipment consists of a 100mm diameter transparent column which may be filled with any soil type. A removable base section is provided into which the filter material to be investigated is placed.
- Water is added to the column under a constant head and permeating water and soil is collected at the base. The discharge from the drain can be monitored to assess the efficiency of the filter material. The apparatus is supported on a sturdy metal frame and may be conveniently placed on a laboratory bench close to a water supply and drain.