Specification of Filtration Unit
- A benchtop unit comprising a vacuum formed ABS plastic plinth with integral electrical console on to which is mounted the filtration system.
- A plate and frame batch filter (separation area 230cm²) is supplied as standard. Both constant flow rate and constant pressure operation are possible.
- An optional tangential flow hollow fiber micro filtration cartridge (plus pre-filter and shell and tube heat exchanger) can be fitted. The hollow fibre cartridge has a separation area of 110cm² and a cut-off of 0.2 µ-m.
- Feed flow rate can be varied between 0 and 130 l/hour.
- All electrical circuits are protected by appropriate protection devices.
- The console contains a pump motor control and display panel.
- A separate controller displays the filter inlet pressure and is used to control the pump speed. Another digital meter displays, via a selector switch, either outlet pressure, permeate pressure, temperature or optical absorbence.