Specification of Crystallisation Unit
- A benchtop unit comprising a vacuum formed ABS plastic plinth with integral electrical console onto which is mounted the stirred glass crystallisation vessel, water heater, water flow meter and heat exchanger.
- A temperature sensor and 2kW water heater mounted in the mains water line and linked to a PID controller for accurate process temperature control.
- A conductivity probe measuring solution conductivity.
- A cooling action controlled indirectly by the valved flow meter.
- Protection devices for all electrical circuits.
- Two displays: PID temperature control (reactor temperature), display for conductivity.
- Sensor signals are routed to the USB interface for connection to a PC.
- USB port for data logging by the supplied software.
- Set of sieves for Crystal Size Distribution determination.
- Comprehensive instruction manual with detailed laboratory teaching exercises.