Combustion Laboratory Unit
- A frame mounted burner training unit comprising a 450 dia x 1000m cylindrical water-cooled stainless steel chamber in which either an oil or gas burner can be fired, and the flame observed through four 100mm dia windows.
- Internal electric and mechanical safety devices allow for supervised operation by students. Instrumentation to measure the water, air and exhaust temperatures, and flow rates of the cooling water, air and fuel. A hand held gas analyser supplied measures flue gas O2 content and also displays combustion efficiency, excess air, and CO2 content.
- Smoke Number can be determined for the oil burner with the Smoke Tester supplied.
- Further flue gas analysis including CO, NO and SO2 can be performed on either burner by using the additional optional high specification Gas Analyser.
- Oil or Gas Burners up to 150kW can be used in the chamber.
- Supplied with a detailed experimental operating and maintenance manual giving example experimental results and sample calculations.