Description of Disc Bowl Centrifuge
- A supporting framework intended for bench mounting houses the separator, complete with its variable speed drive control unit, food reservoir and the necessary ancilliary equipment.
- The feed reservoir, positioned over the centrifuge, is made from grey anodised aluminium and contains a polypropylene on/off valve. The separator bowl assembly is made up of stainless steel disks and an anodised aluminium casing with nitrile rubber seating ring, housed in a polypropylene shroud which incorporates the cream and skimmed milk outlets.
- A motor, directly coupled to the separator bowl, is mounted vertically in a cast aluminium casing with cushioned clamping feet. The casing acts as the support for the separator.
Specification of Disc Bowl Centrifuge
- A self-contained centrifugal separator training unit which allows thorough investigation of the separation of a heavy phase liquid from a lighter phase liquid.
- Using milk as the process fluid, cream having a fat content from 12 - 55% can be obtained. Accessories are included to allow variation and measurement of bowl speed and throughput rate measurement.
- Ease of strip down to component parts is facilitated by tools included in the supply.
- Throughput up to 125 litres per hour can be obtained from a 10 litre capacity feed tank which can be continuously replenished.
- Materials in contact with the process fluid are anodised aluminium, stainless steel, nitrile rubber and polypropylene.
- Twelve motor speeds between 8,500 and 10,000rpm are selectable.