Specification of Rainfall Simulator
- Spray head assembly supported by metal stand
- Storage tank from which water is pumped to spray head via flow meter and control valve
- Small square test plots: field test plots: tilting stand for test plots
- Sample vessels: rain gauges: complete with user instructions and manual.
Description of Rainfall Simulator
- The Rainfall Simulator consists of a metal frame that supports the spray head assembly. The unit may be placed directly on the ground for field studies or used with its accessory tray for laboratory experiments. In use, water is pumped from the holding tank via a control valve to the spray nozzle. Water from the spray nozzle is interrupted by a horizontal rotating disc driven by a variable speed motor.
- Adjustable width apertures in the disc allow some water to pass and the remainder is recirculated via the tank. For use in field or laboratory electrical and water supplies are required.