Specification of Gas Absorption Column
- An apparatus for teaching the principles of the absorption of gas into liquid, using a packed column.
- Column working length is 1.4m x 80mm diameter, split into two sections.
- Two electronic pressure sensors measure the pressure drop across each half of the column.
- An electronically controlled submersible pump provides a liquid flow of 1-10 l/min.
- 60l feed tank.
- Water flow can be used in either recycle or one-pass operation.
- Column supplied with 10mm x 10mm Raschig rings as packing material, total volume 7 liters.
- Centrifugal fan provides air flow up to 160 l/min.
- Two electronic temperature sensors measure the air and liquid temperatures.
- Electronic measurement of CO2 concentration in the air streams, measurements can be taken at the column inlet and outlet.
- Sensor values displayed on an alpha-numeric display on the control console.