Shear Force In A Beam
Description of Shear Force In A Beam
The experiment hardware is a simply supported beam with a cut. The beam fits onto a Multi Structures Test Frame.
A mechanism bridges the cut, which stops the beam collapsing and allows movement in the shear direction only. An electronic load cell measures the force, and connects to a Multi-Channel Digital Transducer Display .Students apply loads at set positions using hangers holding various masses.
Features of Shear Force In A Beam
- Shows and proves the basic theory of shear force in a beam
- High-quality structures teaching module for students of mechanical, civil and structural engineering
- Allows safe and practical experiments into shear force in a beam
- Realistic and verifiable experiment results
- Optional AIIs Structures Software package for extra virtual experiments that simulate and confirm the results from your hardware and allow extended experiments
- Optional unit with AIIs Structures Software package for automatic data acquisition and virtual experiments
- One of many interchangeable experiment modules from AIIs modern, flexible and cost-effective Structures teaching system
- Ideal for classroom demonstrations, or students working in pairs or small groups
- Shear force variation with an increasing point load
- Variation of shear force for various loading conditions
- Examination of various other loading cases and their effect on shear force, including loads traversing the beam