Balance of Reciprocating Masses
Description of Balance of Reciprocating Masses
- A bench- mounting model four-cylinder engine that shows primary and secondary forces and moments in reciprocating masses and how to balance them. This product is an excellent follow-on from the Static and Dynamic Balancing equipment.
- A robust support pillar fixes to a suitable table or bench(not supplied) with a low natural frequency. The pillar holds a cantilever that holds a model four-cylinder engine.
- The model engine has a crankshaft, connecting rods, bushes , pistons and a cylinder block. A separate Control and Instrumentation Unit (included) controls a motor that turns the engine crankshaft.
Experiments of Balance of Reciprocating Masses
- Primary and secondary forces and moments in popular engine configurations - one, two and four cylinder.
- Primary and secondary forces and moments for different crank settings.
- The effect of adding additional mass to one or more pistons for any chosen crank setting.
- Comparing calculated forces and moments with actual results.
Technical Operating Conditions
- Operating environment: Laboratory
- Storage temperature range: –25°C to +55°C (when packed for transport)
- Operating temperature range: +5°C to +40°C
- Operating relative humidity range: 80% at temperatures < 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% at 40°C