Description of Linear Vibration Apparatus:
Comprises a drive unit and vibration generator with experimental accessories. The drive unit consists essentially of an oscillator and a power amplifier designed to provide a sine wave power output suitable for driving the vibration generator
Experimental Capability of Linear Vibration Apparatus:
- Bail Chatter Test : A vibration test illustrating simple harmonic motion theory.
- Spring Rate Test: A demonstration of Hookes Law.
- Spring-MM System Test: A test to verify the mass/ frequency relationship of a vibrating spring-mass system.
- Double Cantilever Beam
- A determination of the cantilever’s natural frequency
- A determination of the natural frequency of a loaded cantilever.
Features of Linear Vibration Apparatus:
- Vibration of a Spring Mass System
- Vibration of a Double Cantilever Beam
- Demonstration of Simple Harmonic Motion of a free body
- Demonstration of Hooke’s Law applied to a spring