Specification of Catalytic Reactors
- A bench top unit comprising a vacuum formed ABS plastic plinth with integral electrical console on to which is mounted the packed bed reactor columns, feed pump, optical sensor and optional Flow Injection Analysis system.
- The unit is supplied as standard with two reactor columns for chemical catalysis.
- A third column can be optionally added to the system for biological enzymic catalysis.
- A heated water supply to the column jackets allows automatic control of reaction temperature to a set point value.
- Feed flow rate can be varied between 0 and 15 ml/min.
- The optional FIA pump can be adjusted to give flow rates up to 2.5 ml/min.
- All electrical circuits are fitted with appropriate protection devices.
- The console has two digital meters. The first, associated with the controller, shows the temperature of water supplied to the column jackets, and the second shows the optical sensor reading which provides a measure of product concentration. Corresponding signals are routed to the I/O port for connection to a PC.