Industrial Air Conditioning Pilot Plant with Heat Pump
- The Industrial Air Conditioning Pilot Plant with Heat Pump allows advanced and in-depth study of the operation of an air to water heat exchanger. It also allows students to study the cycle reversing valve and thermostatic expansion valve that are part of the heat pump.
- The has also been designed to allow students to study the use of an intermediate fluid for transporting thermal or refrigerating power from the production / storage site to the air conditioning plant.
- The has been designed and manufactured to incorporate all current safety standards.
- The refrigerant used complies with anti-pollution legislation.
- Plant start-up and system monitoring using the protection and safety devices incorporated into the pilot plant
- Studying the operation of a heat pump
- Studying the operation of a cycleâ reversing valve
- Studying the operation of a thermostatic expansion valve
- ON-OFF control
- Analysing system behaviour and reactions with the variation of:
- Seasonal changes
- Air flow rate at condenser and/or evaporator
- Air flow rate at air to water exchanger
- Plotting the cycle in a refrigerant pressure-enthalpy diagram
- Obtaining data readings and calculation of:
- Exchange surfaces
- Thermostatic valve superheat (hunting)
- Heat balances for the evaporator, condenser and compressor
- Refrigerant mass flow
- Ideal and actual Energy Efficiency Ratio
- Ideal and actual coefficient of performance
- Volumetric compression efficiency
- Heat balances on water circuit
- Heat balances on air circuit