Computer Controlled Thermodynamic Cycle of a Screw Compressor
A Computer Controlled Thermodynamic Cycle of a Screw Compressor training plant for studying the energy transfer in a compressed air system.
The is controlled by a PC and software.
It includes industrial sensors and transducers.
The is designed to connect to the to expand the experimental capability.
The has been designed and manufactured to incorporate all current safety standards.
- Analysing the pressure / volume diagram of the first and second stages of the compressor by experiment
- Determining the polytropic index
- Calculating the effective average pressure of the compressor
Checking the operation of the safety devices
- Using a T-s diagram for air to determine the characteristics of the thermal cycles by experiment
- For detailed study of the air characteristics it is necessary to connect the ACV85 to the ACV90 Compressed Air Dehumidification Training Plant
- 2.2 kW three-phase motor
- Single-stage screw compressor
- Frequency converter for continuous variation of motor r.p.m.
- Coil evaporator
- Pipes connecting the various components painted with different colours to aid circuit identification
- Throttling valve
- 100 litre tank with all necessary fittings
- High and medium pressure gauges
Data acquisition software and PC interface card, transducers and sensors for acquisition of the following system parameters:
- Compressor r.p.m.
- Intake and discharge temperatures of the first and second stages of the compressor
- Relative humidity
- Pressure of the first and second stages of the compressor
- Electrical energy analyser
- High pressure switch
- Residual current thermomagnetic circuit-breaker
- Emergency stop button
- Control software