Air-to-Water Heat Pump Operation Training Bench Unit
An Air-to-Water Heat Pump Operation Training Bench for studying the use of heat pumps to transfer heat from one source at a certain temperature to another source at a higher temperature.
The Air-to-Water Heat Pump Operation Training Bench Unit is designed to allow students to gain both practical and theoretical knowledge of the operation of heat pumps.
The Air-to-Water Heat Pump Operation Training Bench Unit has been designed and manufactured to incorporate all current safety standards.
The refrigerant used complies with anti-pollution legislation.
- Studying the operation of a heat pump
- Plant start-up and system monitoring using the protection and safety devices incorporated into the training bench
Analysing system behaviour and reactions with the variation of:
- Thermostatic valve superheat
- Air flow rate at the evaporator
- Water temperature in the tank
Plotting the refrigeration cycle on a p-h diagram
- Obtaining data readings and calculation of:
- Heat balances for the evaporator, condenser and compressor
- Refrigerant mass flow
- Ideal and actual coefficient of performance (C.O.P.)
- Volumetric compression efficiency
- Hermetic compressor
- Forced-air variable-speed evaporator
- Coil condenser immersed in a Plexiglas tank
- Thermostatic expansion valve
- Liquid receiver and liquid separator
- Sight glasses, dehydrator filter, shut-off valve
- Valve for plant vacuum, refrigerant charging and recovery
Full set of instruments for obtaining data readings including:
- High and low pressure gauges
- 2x electronic thermocouples with PT100 probes that can be inserted at several test points along the hydraulic circuit
- Double pressure switch
- Residual current thermomagnetic circuit-breaker
- Start button
- Emergency stop button