Experimental Capability of Electrical Gyroscope Apparatus:
- Experiments on fundamentals of gyroscopic motion
- Demonstrates relationships between gyro speed and torque, precession and nutation
- Investigates behaviour of a suspended gyroscope
Features of Electrical Gyroscope Apparatus:
- Adjustable masses to produce balance, and positive and negative torque position
- Removable gyroscope for demonstration of nutation effects
- Variable speed motor mounted in a dual axis bearing.
- Separate hand-held optical tachometer
- Includes spreadsheet discs files for data analysis
Specifications of Electrical Gyroscope Apparatus:
Gyroscope assembly comprising of disc rotor of approximately 150 mm diameter mounted on a low voltage d.c. motor and furnished with pivot bearings and counter masses, complete with support column, and integral power pack for bench mounting and supplied complete with Hand-Held Optical Tachometer.