Whirling Of Shaft Demonstrator
- The set up is designed to study the whirling of shafts. The set-up consists of a sturdy M.S. frame, variable speed motor bearing holders etc. Different bearing can be fitted in bearing block to have different end conditions i.e.
- Both end fixed,
- One end free and one end fixed etc. A variable speed motor is provided to drive the shaft along with speed control unit as the test is destructive, hence the shaft cannot be used again.
- Display of various modes of whril for a shaft with:
- Both ends directionally fixed.
- One ends fixed and other free
- Both ends directionally free.
- Modes of vibrations can be studied and frequency can be measured in each case.
- Floor area of 2m x 0.5 m
- Electric supply of 230V, AC