Thin Cylinder Unit
Specifications Of Thin Cylinder Unit
- The thin cylinder unit and hand operated pump are mounted on a bench-top base plate.
- A thin wall tube contains two pistons.
- The first piston is located axially; it extends beyond the end of the tube and is drilled to suit a pressure gauge and a high pressure flexible rubber hose connecting the hand operated pressure pump to the unit. This piston also has an in-built pressure relief valve. The oil from the relief valve returns to the pump reservoir connection by means of flexible pipe.
- The second piston is free to move axially within the tube, but its travel outwards is limited by a plate and end-cap.
- The cylinder unit which is resting on the four pins is supported on a frame and located axially by a fixed stop and an adjustable stop.
- Maximum test pressure: 40 bar.
- Technical data about the thin cylinder unit:
- Reservoir Capacity: 75 cm3
- Recommended oil: Castor oil
- Pressure gauge (Manometer): 0-50 bar.
- Pre-set relief valve setting: 450psi approx.
- Cylinder material: Aluminium alloy.
- Strain gauges: Foil type.
- Gauge Factor: 2.0