Pivot Friction Apparatus
Specification Of Pivot Friction Apparatus
- Demonstrates the relationship between friction torque and axial thrust; determines the influence of bearing cone angle.
- The wall mounted apparatus consists of a rotating circular table on a vertical shaft, with a variety of interchangeable end pivots and seating.
- End pivots in brass and steel seating have inclusive core angles of 60, 90, 120 and 180 (flat) degrees; additionally a ball thrust bearing may be installed.
- Thrust loads applied directly onto the rotating table.
- Pure torque applied by loading cords and weight hangers acting over pulleys onto the rotating table.
- Pivots brass, and the seating mild steel.
- An Instruction manual for student and lecturer supplied.
- Set of weights