Rope Belt Friction Apparatus
Specification of Rope Belt Friction Apparatus
- Determination of the coefficient of friction between a steel pulley and cotton rope; investigate belt tensions; evaluate effects of different `V` angles in the pulley, and of different lap angles.
- The wall mounted apparatus consists of a fixed pulley, a second interchangeable pulley and a loaded rope belt with 2 load hangers in a complete loop.
- Four pulleys with vee grooves typically of 60, 90, 120 degrees and flat rim supplied.
- Alternative mounting positions provided to vary the lap angle.
- An Instruction manual for student and lecturer provided.
- Set of weights.