Description of Photoelasticity Unit
- Unit for photoelasticity practices, illustrating the subjects of the Photoelasticity theory, the Elasticity theory, Strength of Materials, and Structure theory.
- It is very suitable for the introduction and study of photoelasticity: optical elements, isochromatic, isoclinic, band order, band factor, edge tensionsing, etc.
- Using this unit photoelastic experiments and practices of transparent test specimens (models) may be performed.
- The different test specimens are subjected to loading by external forces and have poralised light shone through them.
- A load application element can apply tensile, bending, compressive, and distributed and punctual loads to the specimen.
- The stresses and strains occurring in the test specimen are represented as bright spots or figures of different colours, and we can visualise the distribution of stress