Multi Component Balance
The Three Component Balance is designed for use in Open Water tests with Podded Dynamometer.
This equipment allows the user to arrange Podded Drive Propeller Dynamometer with the extended gearbox, Three Component Balance and Purpose built Carriage mounting frame with manual adjustment for Height, Pitch and Yaw. This Allows the forces and moments acting on and produced by the Pod to be set at different pitch or yaw angles during open water testing. The forces and moments measured will depend on the combination and number of Transducers fitted.
Specification of Multi Component Balance
- Rated load for forces in longitudinal and transverse direction (resistance and list): ±60 N
- Rated torque: 1.5 ±Nm
- Rated load for forces in longitudinal and transverse direction (resistance and list): ±100 N
- Rated torque: ±4 Nm
- Rated load for forces in longitudinal and transverse direction (resistance and list): ± 200 N
- Rated torque: ±14 Nm
- Electric angle measurement: ±45
- Weight of the rudder measuring instrument, inclusive connection plugs, however without cables: about 8 kg
- Possibility to adjust the rudder angle via coupling rods connected to a suitable steering machine which is not included in the supply of an instrument -1: ±45°
- Manual angle adjustment according to scale (full rotation): ±180°
- Permitted overload inclusive dynamic peaks for forces in longitudinal and transverse direction with a distance of the point of impact of 400mm (600mm) from the lower edge of the base plate: 50% (25%)
- Permitted overload for torque inclusive dynamic peaks: 50%