Linear Heat Conduction Apparatus
- A small-scale accessory that allows experimental investigation of linear heat conduction and the measurement of the thermal conductivity of various solid conductors and insulators.
- An insulated, 25mm diameter brass heated section and cooling section that may be either clamped together, or assembled with one of four insulated intermediate sections or test specimens between the interfaces.
- The hot end uses a nominal 65W heater (operating at 240v maximum), which is fitted with a high temperature limit switch. The power supplied to the heater is controlled and measured by the Heat Transfer Service Unit .
- The cold section is of identical dimensions to the hot end and is water-cooled. Both the heated and cooled ends are each fitted with three thermo couples at 15mm intervals to measure the temperature gradients along the bars.
Four intermediate insulated sections are supplied as follows: -
- 30mm long x 25mm diameter brass with two thermocouples at the same interval as the hot and cold sections. When clamped together the hot and cold sections form a uniform bar with eight equally spaced temperature-measuring points.
- 30mm long x 25mm diameter stainless steel section.
- 30mm long x 25mm diameter aluminium section.
- 30mm long x 13mm diameter brass section.