Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer
The Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer is designed to help instructors teach and students to understand the somewhat complex operation of a typical hybrid vehicle drivetrain. Based on a typical Toyota Prius hybrid vehicle, the trainer provides easy visualization of driveline component operation including:
- ICE (Internal Combustion Engine)
- MG1 (Motor/generator # 1)
- MG2 (Motor/generator # 2)
- Drive wheels
Advantages of Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer
- Clearly demonstrates the operation of ICE, MG1, MG2 and Drive wheels in all vehicle modes.
- Students are required to be part of the driveline operation by turning hand cranks or holding devices which increases their engagement and involvement.
- Trainer provides a significant educational tool that clearly demonstrates the complex operation of a hybrid drivetrain using a power split device.
- Makes all major hybrid drivetrain components clearly visible which are normally not accessible in the vehicle.
Technical Information of Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer
- Dimensions: 22 x 22 x 9 in (55.9 x 55.9 x 22.8 cm) / 24 x 24 x 13 in (60.9 x 60.9 x 33 cm) (w/packaging)
- Weight: 45 lb (20.5 kg) / 53 lb (24.1 kg) (w/packaging)