Compressed Air Dehumidification Training Plant
Description of Compressed Air Dehumidification Training Plant
- The Compressed Air Dehumidification Training Plant has been designed for the study of the dehumidification process for compressed air.
- The demonstrates the importance of drying air before it is distributed to the users sites.
- It also allows students to study the psychrometric properties of compressed air.
- The has been designed and manufactured to incorporate all current safety standards.
- The refrigerant used complies with anti-pollution legislation.
- Plant start-up and system monitoring using the protection and safety devices incorporated into the pilot plant
- Studying the operation of an expansion valve
- Investigating system behaviour and reactions with the variation of:
- Thermostat set point
- Air flow at condenser
- Plotting the refrigerant cycle on a refrigerant pressure-enthalpy diagram
Obtaining data readings and calculation of:
- Heat balances for the evaporator, condenser and compressor
- Refrigerant mass flow
- Ideal and actual Energy Efficiency Ratio
- Volumetric compressor efficiency
- Analysing the thermodynamic characteristics of compressed air with determination of dew point and water content
- Specific examination of the characteristics of compressed air after it has passed through the filters and refrigerant circuit