The Auxiliary Power Trainer is a combination of a real APUf rom a large airplane and computer based training (CBT). This combination not only provides hands-on training, but also reinforces the knowledge gained in classroom lectures. The APU is mounted on a mobile stand that facilitates easy access to all parts for removal and assembly by the students.
- Power Output: 160 bhp
- RPM: 40,800
- Compressor: Two-stage Centrifugal Impellers
- Combustion Chamber: Reverse Flow Can Type with Single Burner
- Turbine: Radial Inflow Impeller
- Starting: Electric Starter
- Ignition: High Energy
- Fuel System: Gear Pump with Centrifugal Governor,Acceleration and Temperature Controls
- Lubrication System: Return Dry-Sump with engine driven Oil
- Cooler and Blower
- Layout: Single spool with reduction gearbox, output speed6,000 rpm.
- Weight: 91 kg