Domestic Water Heating With Flat Collector
The trainer can be used to demonstrate the principal aspects of solar thermal domestic water heating in a system with components used in real world applications.
Radiant energy is converted into heat in a commercially available flat collector and transferred to a heat transfer fluid in the solar circuit. The heat then gets into the hot water circuit via a heat exchanger.
- Familiarization with the functions of the flat collector and the solar circuit
- Determining the net power
- Relationship between flow and net power
- Determining the collector efficiency
- Relationship between temperature difference and collector efficiency
- Trainer for investigating the function and operating behaviour of a flat collector
- Solar thermal flat collector with selectively absorbing coating
- Adjustable collector tilt angle
- Solar circulation station with pump, expansion vessel and safety valve
- Hot water circuit with buffer tank, pump and plate heat exchanger
- Four bimetallic thermometers
- Solar controller with temperature, flow and illuminance sensors