Description of DIDAC Vapour Jet Refrigerator And Heat Pump:
A bench top example of a Vapour Jet Refrigerator And Heat Pump that is driven by a heat source. The unit operates on a combined Rankine and vapour compression refrigeration cycle using a low pressure, non-toxic ozone friendly refrigerant.
Vapour Jet Refrigerator And Heat Pump A simple ejector performs the expansion and compression processes involved in the combined cycles. A small electric motor drives the pump of the Rankine cycle. The heat source is electrically heated and produces high pressure vapour to drive the ejector.
Specification of DIDAC Vapour Jet Refrigerator And Heat Pump:
- Panel: High quality plastic on which the following are mounted:
- Steam Generator: Rectangular glass reinforced plastic insulated vessel fitted with 1.5kW immersion heater and containing the refrigerant vapour generator.
- Refrigerant Vapour Generator: Cylindrical stainless steel shell, 75mm dia x 200mm long, with dished ends fitted with sight glass and pre-heating coil.
- Ejector or ThermoCompressor: Nozzle: Convergent-divergent, throat diameter 1.7mm.
- Diffuser: With combining cone, parallel and divergent portions.
- Evaporator: Thick walled glass cylinder fitted with metal end plates and P.T.F.E seals. Evaporator incorporating a 500W heater controlled by a variable transformer and a float type expansion valve.
- Condenser: Thick walled glass cylinder fitted with water cooling coil. Surface area of coil: 0.1m2.
- Feed Pump: Reciprocating plunger type pump fitted with P.T.F.E. seals and water jacket, driven by electric motor through worm reduction gearbox to give approximately 60 double strokes/minute.
- Throttle Valve: Manually adjustable to vary nozzle inlet pressure.