Specifications of Torsion Unit
- The unit is mounted on an anodized aluminum structure with painted steel panel.
- The main frame is supported on aluminum blocks. The two guides are made of stainless steel, the rest of the components are alum inum.
- The two guides of the unit on which the mobile clamp slides are for testing rods of different lengths.
- Mobile clamp located at one end that has a crank in the bottom to adjust the test rod to the desired length. It is made of stainless steel.
- Fixed clamp, consists of two bearings which allow it to turn. It has an arm on which the force is applied. It has a notch placed 60 mm from the longitudinal axis of the test rod, to carry out the measurements. The dial gauge should be placed on this notch to properly measure the deformation. The clamp is made of stainless steel.
- Test rods: standard supply of 3 test rods: steel, brass and aluminum. They are 8 mm in diameter and 350 mm in length. They have marks every 50 mm, to make the performance of practical exercises at different lengths easier.