Ships Vibrations Test Mode
- Apparatus designed to enable students to investigate a simple model hull form for resonance phenomena.
- The apparatus comprises an experimental model hull, a rigid supporting frame, a vibrator (complete with signal generator and power amplifier) and an optional Flotation Tank.
- The experimental model is flat bottomed, wall-sided and open topped. It has an elliptical plan form.
- Length to Beam ratio 8:1
- Length to Depth ratio 12:1
- Used to demonstrate the principle phenomena associated with ship resonant vibration.
- Can be used to investigate resonance phenomena in both air and water.