Plant For The Study Of Erosion Corrosion
Description of the Plant For The Study Of Erosion Corrosion
All the elements of the Plant For The Study Of Erosion Corrosion are mounted on a structure of about 1 m. (W) x 3 m. (L) x 1 m. (H), made of 40x40square tube in stainless steel, provided with self‐locking wheels for easy movement and location. The plant includes a cabinet where switches and other electric control elements and rotections necessary to ensure the safety of people and equipment in accordance with current electrical regulations are installed.
Operation of the Plant For The Study Of Erosion Corrosion
Water with suspended material is stored in a tank of 1000 L capacity made of stainless steel with drain valve and manhole for filling.
Plant For The Study Of Erosion Corrosion tank is complete with stirring to keep the mixture in suspension, a heater for heating the fluid, a sensor, and a digital controller for controlling the parameters in the tank.
The Plant For The Study Of Erosion Corrosion tank is thermally insulated to prevent heat loss. In order to fill the tank there is a centrifugal pump in stainless steel that gives a maximum flow of 45 m3 /h with a power of 1.5 kW.
The suspension is driven by a second centrifugal pump of stainless steel with similar characteristics to the previous one through a pipe of about 65 mm. diameter, U shaped, built in plastic material or stainless steel and is returned back to tank, thus creating a closed circuit. The recirculation flow of the liquid to the tank is controlled through a valve that regulates the flow of water driven to the pipe. The flow driven by the pump can be displayed on a rotameter.