Particle Drag Coefficients
- Two glass tube columns 100 mm diameter x 1.5 m long with top guide, bottom valves and back fluorescent lamp. Ball spheres of different materials, shapes, and diameters, stop watch.
- To study drag of a particle in a liquid under various Reynolds numbers.
- 2 tubes, 1.5m long, with guide marks, and valves at bottom for the removal of balls with minimum loss of liquid.
- The 2 tubes facilitate comparison of the viscosity of two liquids, effect of boundary layer separation on motion of sphere. Set of balls with various diameters and materials.
- Fluorescent lamp for illumination.