Mini Pelton Francis Turbine Test Set
Description of Mini Pelton Francis Turbine Test Set
Mini Pelton Francis Turbine Test Set is a self contained bench top set of Pelton and Francis turbines, designed for studying the turbine characteristics under various flow rates and heads.The unit consists of a pump, a storage tank on a steel base, a Pelton and a Francis turbines connected in parallel, a dynamometer for each turbine, and measuring instruments.
Experiments of Mini Pelton Francis Turbine Test Set
- Each turbine can be tested on the following
- Torque vs speed at various heads and flow rates.
- Power output vs speed for various heads and flow rates.
- Efficiency vs speed for a given head and flow rate.
- Racing characteristics.
Technical Data of Mini Pelton Francis Turbine Test Set
Mini Pelton turbine:
- Construction: Stainless steel runner, nozzle and casing with transparent window to observe hydraulic action.
- Maximum power: 40 W of brake power.
Mini Francis turbine:
- Construction: Metal runner.
- Adjustable guide vanes. Non corrosion metal casing with transparent window to observe guide vane position.
- Maximum power : 25 W of brake power.
- Pump : 0.55 kW.
- Dynamometer : Mechanical brake absorber.
Measuring instruments :
- Torques : Spring balances.
- Speeds : Portable tachometer.
- Flow rate : Water meter.
- Pressures : Pressure gauges at turbine inlets
- Power supply : 220 V, 1 Ph, 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.