Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit
In the hydraulic systems the flow variations produce two phenomena: the mass oscillation and the water hammer which are related each other but have different characteristics.
Characteristics of Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit
- The Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit is provided with a constant level container connected to the water supply by means of a pipe.
- The oscillation test section is made of stainless steel 3 m long provided with the valves necessary for the flow control and with two pressure measurement devices, the electric signal of which is sent to a double trace memory oscilloscope which allows to examine, in all the phases, the phenomena of mass oscillation.
- For the water hammer test, the unit is provided with a quick closing valve with manual control in order to obtain an immediate flow interruption.
The Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit is available in two different solutions:
- Hydraulic supply from provided with additional tank
- Hydraulic supply from mains
Experiments of Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit
- Mass oscillation demonstration
- Visualization of oscillation characteristics in the balance pipe
- Demonstration of the losses in the reservoir and in the balance tank
- Water hammer demonstration
- Determination of the transient pressure curve of a water hammer by means of an oscilloscope
Required services of Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit
- Electric supply: 220 V, 50Hz ; 1 kW.
Weight and dimensions of Mass Oscillations And Hammer Study Unit
- Dimensions: 3000 x 730 x 2500 h mm
- Net weight: 70 kg approx.