Description of Hydraulic Bench Unit:
The DIDAC Hydraulics Bench Unit range provides the basic services for pumping and volumetric measurement of the water supply with which all the additional accessories and experiments are used. The working surface of all three units is molded in fiberglass and provides a recessed area on which to mount experiments. An integral weir tank is provided along with a volumetric measuring tank which is stepped to afford accurate measurement of both high and low flow rates. The measuring tank discharges into a fiberglass sump tank by means of a quick acting ball valve.
Experimental Capabilty of Hydraulic Bench Unit:
- Centrifugal pump characteristics
- Flow in pipes and pipe fittings
- Flow through orifices and over weirs
- Flow in channels
- Bernoulli's experiment
- Water flow measurement
- Free and forced vortices
- Hydraulic machines
- Pipe networks
- Reynolds number
Technical Specifications of Hydraulic Bench Unit:
- Service module for pumping and volumetric measurement of water supply required to operate accessories and experiments.
- Moulded fibreglass work surface with integral weir tank.
- Stepped volumetric measuring tank.
- High Flow Volumetric Tank, 40 litres.
- Low Flow Volumetric Tank, 10 litres.
- Variable speed motor driven centrifugal pump. Mounted externally for ease operation
- Display unit giving centrifugal pump speed.
- Pressure tapping points at pump suction, delivery and immediately prior to experiment.
- 120 litre capacity sump tank.
- Stepped tank for low and high flowrates. Capacities 10 litre lower portion and 35 litre upper portion.
- Robust stove enamelled steel frame mounted on castors.
- Bourdon gauge with inlet and outlet valves
- Flow Regulating Valve
- Direct indication of flowrate given by calibrated weir.
- Pump: Pedrollo CPm 130 Centrifugal Pump close coupled to an standard induction motor.
- Induction motor 0.37 kW, 1.64/0.95A, 3 phase.
- Pump casing: Brass with 3/4BSP connections
- Gland: Carbon ring working on ceramic counterface
- Rating: 4 hours in any 24 hour period. Not more than 10 starts per hour
- Motor speed 2800r/min at 50Hz, 3400r/min at 60Hz