DIDAC Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine:
Experimental Capabilities of Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine
- Measurement of wind speed turbine speed and power generation relationship.
- Measurement of air velocity before and after the turbine.
- Calculation of theoretical power.
Specification of Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine
- A Horizontal Axis three phase to dc wind driven power generator with instrumentation console recording turbine speed, power output and adjustable load.
- An optional mast is available for controlled testing.
- An optional computerised data acquisition upgrade is available that allows all relevant system parameters to be automatically recorded on a PC.
- The unit is supplied with a detailed experimental operating and maintenance manual giving example experimental results and sample calculations.