Friction of Belts Apparatus
Specification of Friction of Belts Apparatus
- Observes the relationship between the tensions in the two sides of a belt; assesses the differences between vee, rope and flat belts; determines coefficient of friction between pulley and the three belt sections; investigate the effect of angle of lap.
- The wall mounted apparatus consists of a pulley, 3 belts and 2 load hangers. Pulley graduated in 15 degree intervals.
- The aluminum alloy pulley of approx. 150mm diameter has machined grooves to suit the three belts.
- The three belts are vee, rope and flat.
- An Instruction manual for student and lecturer provided.
- Set of weights