Four Cylinder Diesel Engine
In conjunction with the load unit, the test engine is a complete engine test stand. The engine used here is a four-cylinder diesel engine. It has its own closed cooling water circuit.
A solid welded frame on rollers, with a vibration-insulated base plate, carries the entire setup. Hazardous areas such as hot surfaces and rotating parts are covered with perforated plates. The connection to the brake is made via a rotationally elastic coupling with a jointed shaft. The engine is attached to the load unit by fasteners.
- In conjunction with load unit
- Plotting of torque and power curves
- Determination of specific fuel consumption
- Determination of volumetric efficiency and lambda (fuel-air ratio)
- Energy balances
- Overall engine efficiency
- Water-cooled four-cylinder diesel engine for setup an engine test stand in conjunction with CT 400 load unit
- Engine flexibly mounted on mobile frame with vibration-insulated base plate
- Power transmission to brake unit via elastic coupling and a jointed shaft
- Engine complete with fuel supply (tank, pump, line) and cooling water circuit
- Sensors for cooling water flow rate and temperatures (exhaust gas, cooling water, fuel, oil)
- Transfer of measured data via data cable from switch cabinet to control cabinet
- Switch cabinet with warning lamps (oil pressure, alternator failure, preheat), operating time counter and ignition key