Flow Over Weirs
Description of Flow Over Weirs
The Flow Over Weirs is a kit containing two types of sharp crested weirs and a level gauge. A sharp crested weir constricts an open channel flow, and helps in measuring flow rate using level gauge contained within the set. The weirs have opening or sections at the top that allow flow; the Thomson weir with V-profile opening, the weir with rectangular profile opening.
The Flow over Weirs consists of five basic elements used in conjunction with the flow channel in the moulded bench top of the hydraulics bench.
- A quick release connector in the base of the channel is unscrewed and a delivery nozzle screwed in its place.
- A stilling baffle locates into slots in the walls of the channel. The inlet nozzle and stilling baffle in combination promote smooth flow conditions in the channel.
- A Vernier hook and point gauge is mounted on an instrument carrier, which is located on the side channels of the moulded top. The carrier may be moved along the channels to the required measurement position.
- The rectangular notch weir or
- Vee notch weir to be tested is clamped to the weir carrier in the channel by thumb nuts. The weir plates incorporate captive studs to aid assembly.
Specification of Flow Over Weirs
- Self-sealing weir panels, 230x185x8mm, manufactured from PVC
- Level gauge to determine the weir head
- Thomson weir with notch 90Ã‚°
- Square weir, notch w x h 60x50mm
Technical Data of Flow Over Weirs
- Weir panels made of PVC
- Square weir: width of notch 60mm
- Thomson weir: notch angle 90o
- Level gauge: Measuring range 0...200mm
- Dimensions L x W x H : 290 x 190 x 290 mm
- Weight : approx. 2 kg