Description of Filar Pendulums
This product is part of a range that explores free vibrations in simple one degree of freedom systems.
It introduces students to key scientific terms such as:
- Simple harmonic motion (SHM) and period of oscillation
- Mass moment of inertia
- Radius of gyration
- Axis of rotation
- Parallel axis theorem
Filar Pendulums fits to the sturdy Test Frame for study or demonstration. This product includes a rod and a circular plate to show the principles and use of simple harmonic motion theory in bifilar and trifilar pendulums. Two suspension plates fix to the top of the Test Frame to hold the bifilar and trifilar pendulums
Features of Filar Pendulums
- Supplied with lecturer guide and student guide
- Five-year warranty
- Manufactured in accordance with the latest European
- Union directives
Experiments of Filar Pendulums
- Cord length and period of bifilar and trifilar pendulums.
- Cord (support) positions and period of bifilar and trifilar pendulums.
- Mass and period of bifilar and trifilar pendulums.
- Position of mass on bifilar and trifilar pendulums.
- Finding moment of inertia of an example machine part in two different axes
Specifications of Filar Pendulums
Nett dimensions and weight:
- Assembled Bifilar pendulum: maximum 600 mm high x 180 mm wide x 100 mm front to back
- Assembled Trifilar pendulum: maximum 600 mm high x170 mm wide x 240 mm front to back
- Total 2 kg
Approximate packed volume and weight:
Tools and other parts included:
- Hexagon tool
- Steel rule
- Set of 6 x 75 g masses