Compact Steam Turbine Power Plant
Description of Compact Steam Turbine Power Plant
The unit is designed to simulate modern steam power plant. Main components consist of a feed water system, a small industrial boiler, a steam turbine, a generator and lamp load, a condenser with a condensate tank and a pump, and a cooling tower. Accessories such as fuel tank, fuel flow meter, feed water meter, and a stack are also included. Instruments are provided for measurement of pressures, temperatures, output voltage and currents.
Experiments of Compact Steam Turbine Power Plant
- Measurement of feed water and fuel flow rates.
- Boiler efficiency, turbine generator efficiency, and overall power plant efficiency.
- Condenser heat transfer efficiency.
- Cooling tower efficiency.
Technical Data of Compact Steam Turbine Power Plant
The boiler set consists of :
A. Boiler Unit
- Type : Vertical, water tube.
- Rated heat output : 125 kW (107,000 kcal/h)
- Equivalent evaporation : Approx 200 kg/h steam at 0 kg/cm2 gauge.
- Maximum working pressure : 10 kg/cm2 gauge.
- Pressure gauge for steam outlet.
- Temperatures for feed water, boiler outlet, and exhaust stack.
Safety devices : Safety valve.
- Level gauge.
- Safety alarm.
Boiler accessories : Steam separator
- Stack, 6 m stainless steel with elbows.
- Type : Forced draft, pressure atomized.
- Control : On-Off.
- Fuel : Diesel or kerosene.
- Fuel system : Fuel tank, fuel meter and oil strainer.
- Feed water system : Resin filter for public water, soft water tank, water meter temperature gauge.
- Power supply : 380V 3Ph 50Hz. Other power supply is available on request.
B. Steam Turbine
- Type : Single stage, twin nozzle impulse turbine.
- Maximum power : Over 1.0 kW.
- Measuring instruments : Steam pressure and temperatures,turbine speed.
C. Generator and Lamp Load
- Voltage : 220v. , 1 ph 50 Hz.
- Load lamps : 1 set.
- Measuring instruments