Compact Kaplan Turbine Test Set
Description of Compact Kaplan Turbine Test Set
Compact Kaplan Turbine Test Set is a self contained bench top set for studying the Kaplan turbine characteristics under various flow rates and heads.The unit consists of a storage tank, a pump, a turbine, a dynamometer, and measuring instruments. The adjustable guide vanes direct water to the runner.
Experiments of Compact Kaplan Turbine Test Set
- Torque vs speed at various heads and flow rates.
- Power output vs speed for various heads and flow rates.
- Efficiency vs speed for a given head and flow rate.
- Racing characteristics.
Technical Data of Compact Kaplan Turbine Test Set
- Construction: Fixed blade metal runner.
- Non corrosion metal casing with adjustable guide vanes with transparent window to observe runner and guide vane position.
- Maximum power: 400 W of brake power.
- Pump: 2.2 kW.
- Dynamometer: Water brake absorber.
- Torque: Spring balances.
- Flow rate and speed: Digital display.
- Pressure: Pressure gauge.
- Power supply: 220V 1Ph 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.