Specification of Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit
- A small-scale centrifugal fan demonstration unit, comprising of an inlet duct, the fan, an outlet duct and an adjustable aperture, all mounted on a stainless steel base.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for fan head pressure, flow rate (via orifice plate) and air temperature.
- Transparent cover plate on fan volute for visibility.
- Supplied with two different, easily interchangeable impellers.
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied) via a USB interface console (an essential accessory), which does not require internal access to the computer. Also allows interfacing to other software packages.
- Supplied with software providing full instructions for setting up, operating, calibrating and performing the teaching exercises. Facilities for logging, processing and displaying data graphically.
- Offers a complete teaching package of coursework and laboratory investigation, complete with a student questions and answers session.
Capabilities of Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit
- Measurement of constant-speed machine performance in terms of static total pressures, rotor speed and motor shaft power, as a function of inlet flow
- Measurement of fan efficiency and estimation of impeller power efficiency
- Measurement of performance at constant speeds
- Introduction to similarity laws for scale-up
- Comparison of student calculations with computer results
Technical Specification of Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit
- Max Flow Rate: 70 l/s typical
- Max Head: 0.7KPa
- Max fan speed 3000rpm
- Motor Power rating 550W