Description of Boys Gas Calorimeter Equipment:
The two main items of equipment in the apparatus are the Boys non-recording gas calorimeter fitted with appropriate burners in the base, and a precision, Hyde type gas meter with a capacity of 2.0 litres/rev consisting of a specially designed measuring drum housed in a gas-tight casing and sealed with water. The whole set is manufactured to a very high standard and is supplied with all necessary accessories including thermometers with reading lenses, measuring vessels and a general purpose set of four burners for town and coke oven gas, natural and methane gas, butane, propane, acetylene, ethylene and propylene.
Experimental Capability of Boys Gas Calorimeter Equipment:
- To determine the Calorific Value C.V. of gaseous fuels.
- To determine the Gas Volume Factor of gaseous fuels.
- Average Water Inlet Outlet Temperature.
- Average Difference in Temperature.
- To determine the Gas Temperature
Specification of Boys Gas Calorimeter Equipment:
- A Boys non-recording gas calorimeter.
- A constant head overhead funnel with water connecting tubes.
- Two thermometers engraved on stem 0-50Â°C for temperate climates or 0-75Â°C for tropical climates, for inlet and outlet water temperatures.
- Two adjustable reading lenses, chromium plated, with spring clips for attaching to stems of thermometers in item 3.
- Two thermometers engraved on stem 0-35Â°C for temperate climates or 0-50Â°C for tropical climates, for effluent gas and room temperatures.
- Three litre collecting vessel and 1000 ml graduated glass vessel, for measuring outflow from calorimeter.
- Graduated glass vessel, capacity 50 ml, for collecting condensed products.
- General purpose burner.
- Gas control valve (quadrant cock).